by Ratna Kulkarni, Profitability Coach for Salon and Spa Owners
Running a Salon successfully is not a journey on a straight highway! It is an upward climb where one has to climb down due to the challenges. and it is during those times that you have to work the hardest! That is the time you will prepare for the good times! Instead of worrying about finding a solution do these things.
- Who is the most important person in your Organization.. No not the owner but the Customer, Guest, or Client. Make a list, I am sure you have it ready with you, of all the clients that have availed of your service in the past.
- Find out all details about them. When did they visit, what service did they take, and so on? If they have come more than 2times, they like your service. Call them and give them a special offer. Make them feel special.
- Get connected to them once again by any means convenient to you.
- Have a look at all the services that you provide. Which service is most popular?
- Are present on Social Media? If not be there. You don’t have to keep giving offers but your presence has to be felt. That is precisely what we did after the lockdown eased. We showcased what precautions we were taking on Social Media. This worked very well for us.
- Think about Marketing not as an expense but as an investment in the long term.
- Create a system understanding what are your expenses and try and control them.
- Keep fixed days of the month to order inventory. Take weekly inventory. In my Salon, we order only on the 12th and 24th. You decide your dates.
- Keep motivating your team! Let them know how important they are.
If you are able to implement at least some of these things you will be able to get over any challenge that you face. Customers are looking for good quality service. If they like what u do.. Price is not an issue then!! Change is essential. Although change can be difficult at times it is important to keep your customers, staff, vendors, and most importantly yourself motivated and not give up!