By Dr. Navnit Haror, Founder & Director of Derma Miracle Clinic
You may have heard this before, but grey hair can turn black again naturally. It’s a myth that all coloring will go away if you bleach it multiple times or put chemicals on your head!
How do we know? Well in some cases people dye their own hair with items like Kool-Aid which contains red fruit juice (or they use wigs). While these two options might seem like good ideas at first glance–the results are not worth the cost and time invested into them because eventually, everything comes out looking splotchy instead of sleek & shiny; plus what is up with those roots anyways? We’ve seen way too many post-hairs color disasters online where someone would forget about having applied something until days later only to find out one’s hair colour.
What are the signs of early aging and how to prevent it?
Early signs of aging can be identified by the way a person’s facial structure has changed. This includes wrinkles, sagging skin, and even gray hairs which all happen at different rates for people depending on what genes they inherit from their parents as well other factors such as stress levels in life or lack thereof due to exercise habits like yoga or meditation techniques.
Sun spots- Sunspots are a result of years spent in direct sunlight. The hyper-pigmentation causes these bright patches to form on your skin, which can be found most often around the face and back hands or feet during middle-aged adulthood for people who have darker pigmentations like Foundation types 1 & 2.
Gaunt hands– When you are older, your hands may start to appear veinier and thinner. This is because the topmost layers of skin become gradually less thick with structural proteins such as collagen that help give it shape.
Hyperpigmentation to form on the chest- Inflammation can cause hyperpigmentation to form on the chest, especially around large scars. Inflammatory cells are responsible for inflammation and they produce increased amounts of melanin in response; this pigment accumulation may be what causes your skin tone or marks along with other symptoms like redness (related), hot flashes/physical stress, and itching.
What are the causes of premature greying?
There are many causes of prematurely gray hair, from heredity to environmental factors.
- Hereditary-Hereditary is one of the major and most common factors responsible for premature gray hair in men, women, boys (and girls), with history there’s an increased chance that you’ll follow suit. The greying gene grows from birth onward; when it finally shows itself to be true – no remedy can change what has already happened!
- Low or No Melanin Production– The cells in the hair follicles called melanocytes produce two pigments: pheomelanin and eumelanin. These pigment molecules join together to give humans natural hair color, but with time these are gradually reduced by production from Melanosomes on a cell’s surface- which means that as one lives their appearance can change to gray or white depending on if there’s more of it than another type.
- Stress– Stress is something that can affect anyone at any time. The kind of stress you are going through will determine how your body feels and looks, as well as what kind of moods or behaviours arise in yourself when under this type of discomfort- whether it’s emotional, physical or both!
- Lack of Nutrition and Vitamin Deficiency– Vitamin B-12 is a necessary and essential vitamin that promotes nervous system health, brain function, as well heart muscle development. It also helps create red blood cells! This means we need it because our bodies are made up mostly of water (about 90 percent), proteins like those found in fish or meat along with minerals such as potassium which regulates blood pressure.
Measures to prevent it from happening?
- Curry leaves and coconut oil- Do you know all those wonderful benefits of coconut oil? Well, now add curry leaves. The result: a highly beneficial concoction that will help with hair growth and nourishment! Massage your scalp when you’re done applying this moisturizing treatment for the even more good stuff to happen deep in the roots (and possibly increase complexion too).
- Ribbed gourd and olive oil- The Ribbed Gourd is used to arrest premature greying. Dice the gourds into small pieces and dry them out before soaking in olive oil for three or four days, then boil it till they turn dark black (or sacrifice an animal). Next, use this mixture as a scalp massage at least twice per week.
- Onion and lemon juice hair pack- Onion is one of the oldest remedies to prevent premature greying, and it can now be used as an ingredient in your hair care routine. onions not only keep grey hairs at bay but also add a specular shine with their Vitamin C.
- Henna and egg hair pack- The popular tradition of applying henna to one’s hair is not just for beauty purposes, but it can also help curb premature greying. Applying this ancient therapy through the use of an egg-based mixture will provide you with deep conditioning while nourishing your locks from their roots!.
- Mustard oil- Mustard seed oil not only tastes great in foods but it’s also an excellent choice for the hair. Mustard oils are rich sources of antioxidants, selenium, and healthy fats which will nourish your locks to give them that shiny look you desire! The rich flavor helps mask signs of premature greying too so stop worrying about going grey.